Monday 25 May 2015

Crochet Trend | Work in Progress





 So I haven't blogged in a while as its been a busy few weeks, but as I have a bit of time this bank holiday I thought I would show you what I have been working on in my spare time. 

I am loving the 70's hippie crochet trend at the moment. It's getting me very excited for the festival season even though I am not going to any this year. I was inspired by this Rat and Boa crochet kimono to make a casual summer cover up using brightly coloured crocheted granny squares, perfect for the festival season. 




I ordered a variety of coloured cottons from Demores, link here, and set to work making as many standard squares as I could until I have enough for a cover up. I worked it out using an old pattern from Ebay, similar here, that I will need around 15 balls of 50g cotton which is around 130 square to make a jacket depending on the size! 

I have around 30 granny squares so far it might just be ready by 2025...

Anyway these little squares are really fun and easy to make, I love choosing the colours of each square and they take around 15 minutes to complete so I just sit and chill out at night or on the train crocheting away.

Here's so more crocheting inspo and ideas I LOVE this summer...


 Beginning Boutique - here
http://www.kirstywears.com/2015/05/60s-inspired-crochet-two-piece.html
Kirsty Wears Blog - Here

Asos - Here 

 I really want to try making some crochet shorts for summer, I think they look so vintage and boho. I also want to try adding crochet squares to a bralet like this Asos number. Similar to the ones I sell in my Etsy store but extending them to make more of a top.

What is your favourite item from the crochet trend?


If you haven't already, check out my the crochet tops I have already made and am selling in my Etsy store here

 

Thanks for reading!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig