Friday 30 December 2016

A 2016 Review: Top 6 Travel Destinations


2016 has been a great year for travel, I have been lucky enough to tick off some of my dream destinations from my bucket list and shared some of the most amazing views with the ones I love. With the year coming to an end I thought I'd share some of my favourite travel moments with you and reasons why I loved them.


Dublin
March 2016 



Koh Samui, Thailand
June 2016 



 Newcastle
September 2016



 Munich
October 2016



 Berlin
November 2016



 London 
December 2016


 
Dublin, Ireland
 This was our first trip of the year and my ever first visit to Ireland. I loved the laid back vibe of the city, there was so much to see and do and everyone was really friendly. My favourite part of our trip was the Guinness Brewary Tour, I would recommend this to anyone looking to learn about Dublin's history and hertitage. Make sure you head to the top of the factory for an amazing view of the city & a pint of Dublin's famous drink.
See my mini guide to Dublin here.
Koh Samui, Thailand
This was our longest trip and a once in a lifetime opportunity we had both been saving and looking forward to for years. We stayed in Cheong Mon on the north east side of Koh Samui which was a quiet village surrounded by an amazing beach. The highlight of our trip was a day out snorkling and sightseeing around the nearby island of Koh Tao, a must for anyone who loves island life & breath taking views. 

 Newcastle, UK
I headed up to Newcastle for the weekend with my mum for an early birthday present. This was such a treat as I love spending time with her and it was lovely to visit a new city that was so close to home. We shopped, drank tea & pampered ourselves, the perfect girls weekend. 
See more from visit here: A Weekend in Newcastle
  
Munich, Germany
Forever one of my favourite cities in the world, I went back to Munich with my parents in October to visit my brother who lives there. The city is so beautifully historic and I love it a little bit more everytime I visit. This year we took a train ride an hour outside the city to the town of Fussen to see the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. It was a magical day which I would recommend to anyone visiting Munich.

 Berlin, Germany
Our trip to Berlin in November was another brilliant birthday present from Tom. The city was alive with culture, history and art and there was so much to see. If you are thinking of going to Berlin be sure to head to the Holocaust Memorial which is a field of concrete blocks of various sizes that free to walk through. Breath-taking. We stayed in the modern and stylish i31 Hotel in the Mitte district, check out my review of your stay here:

London
This was my most recent trip at the beginning of December. We headed down to the capital for a weekend of festive fun with my two best friends who live down there. After a visit to Borough Market, Covent Garden and Winter Wonderland we settled down to a dreamy nights sleep in the super cool citizen M Bankside hotel. It was prefect for a short city break stay in the heart of the city. Check out more of my thoughts from citizenM here:

What a year it has been, I have loved every trip and can't wait for what is to come in 2017. We have already planned our big summer holiday to LA, San Fran & Vegas, so keep an eye out for my posts and reviews later in the year. 

Where are you planning on going this year? 

Here's to 2017 bringing even greater adventures, cheers! 

Anna 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig